Materia invites you to the 2015 Meeting Materials conference, to be held on December 8th at Hotel De Ruwenberg in Sint-Michielsgestel. This informative program will present the latest insights in the field of innovative and smart materials, along with ways in which these materials can stimulate economic progress and a sustainable society. The program is co-supported by Bond voor Materialenkennis, Strategic Initiative Materials in Flanders (SIM), Brightlands Materials Center (BMC) in Geleen and Materia. Materia will be present with a pop-up exhibition of 24 smart materials.
In the plenary session, keynote speakers Paul Blom (Max Planck Mainz) and Wim van der Meer (Tata Steel) will share a broad overview of current international and national developments, updating you on the latest advancements in materials and their applications.
Then you are welcome to attend a varied program with renowned experts from industry, academia and research institutes who will present a range of topics:
– Developments in additive manufacturing with concrete, metals and polymers;
– Solutions for sustainable energy such as electrochemical CO2 reduction and novel materials for the thermoelectric conversion of industrial waste heat;
– Mechanical behavior of materials, including metals in forming processes and in joints of dissimilar materials;
– Composites processing and performance; and
– Functional materials in sensors and coatings.
The closing keynote speaker, 2015 Spinoza prize winner René Janssen (TU Eindhoven), will explain how materials research can contribute to the efficient transformation of light into electricity.
Throughout the day you will have plenty of opportunity to network, including a drinks session in the afternoon.
Admission is free, but space is limited. Please click here for the full program.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Start date 08 December 2015
End date 08 December 2015
Time 8:30 am - 4:15 pm
Location Hotel De Ruwenberg in Sint-Michielsgestel
Costs Free (But Space Limited)